- Attended school from grades K-10.5 in Bonners Ferry Schools, grades 10.5-11 in Lewiston High School, and Grade 12 in Sandpoint. Graduated from Sandpoint High School.
- Attended Lewis-Clark State College in Lewiston from 1976-78, completing one year of academic business classes and 18 months of vocational business classes.
- Attended North Idaho College in the late 1980s, completing one year of Commercial Art Classes.
- Completed the Beginning Art Correspondence Course through Art Instruction Schools.
- Completed one correspondence course on Christian writing through the Christian Writer’s Guild.
- Returned to North Idaho College part time, completing an A. S. and an A.A. in Journalism. Graduated in 2002.
- Enrolled part-time in Liberty University Online (based in Lynchburg, Virginia, completing a B. S. in Education in 2012.
- Worked in the Library at Lewis-Clark State College for one year as part of a work-study program. I typed sets of library cards for new books that were being added to the collection.
- Worked in the Vocational Business office for Dr. Shinn’s purchasing agent. My responsibilities included typing purchase orders and bids for tools and supplies purchased for the vocational programs. This was part of a college work-study program.
- Worked for 16+ years in my parent’s office supply business, helping in the stores in Sandpoint and Coeur d’ Alene. I did Accounts Receivable for one year, Retail Sales and Stocking Shelves for about 12 years, and helping in the Service Department for 2-3 years (as a secretary, doing parts orders and sending out warranty work).
- Worked in Molstead Computer Lab at North Idaho College as part of a work-study program for two years. Helped students who came to use the computers whenever they encountered problems or needed to know how to operate the machines.
- Worked 7.5 years at McDonald’s Restaurant, preparing food and training new employees of preparing the food items.
- Worked 8 years at S. L. Start, helping developmentally challenged adults learn living skills such as using community resources, menu planning, and money skills.
- Retired in 2010 due to health and mobility issues.